Oranges or bananas? Which is better for managing blood sugar levels?
► ► FREE BOOK + FREE DOCUMENTARY EPISODE: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS:
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
Both oranges and bananas are considered to be very sweet fruits. So is either a healthy choice if you’re struggling with blood sugar management?
1) The average American eats 28 pounds of bananas per year.
2) A typical banana has over 100 calories and 27 grams of carbohydrates.
3) Bananas contain beneficial resistant starch, which acts much like fiber, actually helping to maintain glucose levels. However, the more ripe the banana, the less resistant starch and the more sugar it will contain.
4) Bananas contain a healthy amount of antioxidants and vitamins, like vitamin C and vitamin B6.
5) 1 medium banana contains about 9% of the daily recommended intake of potassium.
6) A typical orange contains about 15 grams of carbohydrates, but 3 grams of beneficial fiber.
7) A medium orange is considered to be a medium-low glycemic fruit, and contains just 60 calories.
8) A typical orange contains over 80% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C.
9) 1 orange also contains about 10% of the recommended daily intake of folate.
10) Oranges are also a good source of potassium and vitamin A.