Dry fruits and nuts halwa recipe with cornflour as base.Easy to make dry fruits and nuts halwa can be made in just 30 mins.No stirring for a long time, no consistency checks, no tricky steps easy no mess cornflour halwa with dry fruits and nuts.
My Amazon store : https://www.amazon.in/shop/sharmispassions
For more detailed description with step by step pictures check here: https://www.sharmispassions.com/dryfruits-nuts-halwa-recipe/
• 1/2 cup cornflour
• 1 and 1/2 cups + 1 cup water
• 1 and 1/2 cups sugar I use unrefined brown sugar
• 1/4 cup ghee
• 1/2 cup dry fruits and nuts
• 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1. To a bowl add corn flour along with 1 and 1/2 cups water whisk it well without any lumps.Set aside.To a heavy bottomed kadai add sugar along with 1 cup water.
2. Whisk well and let it boil until sugar completely dissolves.Now add cornflour mixture.Keep flame in low and keep whisking.
3. It starts to thicken and change color at this stage switch to spatula.When it starts to thicken more and turn glossy start adding ghee little by little.
4. When you start adding ghee, the texture starts to change.Reserve just a tbsp of ghee and add the rest.Once ghee is added fully, add dry fruits and nuts along with cardamom powder.
5. Cook until jelly like consistency and the halwa easily slides kadai.At this stage switch off and transfer the halwa to a tray grease with ghee.Level it well with a spatula.Allow it to set for 30 mins.For fastening the process, you can keep in fridge too.Invert over chopping board and cut into squares.
• After pouring cornflour mixture, keep stirring else it will form lumps easily.Even if it starts to form whisk rigorously will get dissolved at this stage.
• For dry fruits and nuts : I used a mixture of cashew,badam,pista,tutti frutti,dates etc.Make sure to chop it fine else while cutting into squares it will difficult.
• If you do not want to cut into squares , you can just scoop and add to bowl and serve.
• You can reduce ghee a bit but do not reduce more as it might give a taste and texture variation.Also will stick in mouth while eating so do not reduce more ghee.
• Just cook sugar syrup until it dissolves , no need to check for any consistency.Start adding ghee only after it starts to thicken and turn glossy.