We love dried fruits, and we know there is a classic cake made with dried fruits and tastes like pound cake, but more flavorful and delicious. It’s a perfect everyday cake, and also a good idea for the holiday, like Christmas.(Yes, you can put dried-fruits in red and green)
About the dried fruits, you can use any dried fruits you have or like. And the dried fruit can be soaked with cointreau or rum. If you don’t have any alcohol, you can use lemon juice or orange juice instead of it. This cake is perfect, fabulous, sweet and moist, it went down well with the family, hope you like this video.
This is an #ASMR ver, you can check out the other version that with BGM and Voices in Chinese if you like:
How to make French Dried Fruit Fruitcake Recipe
Dried Fruit Fruitcake Recipe
☞ Cake mold: 17x8x6cm
dried figs 40g
dried apricots 40g
all purpose flour 110g
unsalted butter 110g, soften at room temperature
pour powdered sugar 80g
egg 1, large size (about 60g)
egg yolk 1, large size (about 20g)
baking powder 1.5g, aluminum free
1. Place the raisins in a bowl and pour with hot water, soak for couple seconds, drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Cut the dried figs and dried apricots into small pieces.
3. Add raisins, dried figs and dried apricots together in a bowl, pour cointreau and mix well. Leave to soak for at least 10 minutes.
4. Brush the butter in a thin, even layer over the sides and bottom of the pan.
5. Meanwhile, add an egg and an egg yolk in a small bowl, whisk slightly. Set aside.
6. Spoon 2 tablespoon of flour and sift into the cointreau soaked fruits and toss to coat the fruits. Set aside.
7. Cream the softened butter and pour powdered sugar together, then beat over medium speed until light and fluffy.
8. Add the half of egg mixture at a time, beating well after each addition until all are incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
9. Sift the remaining flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold until all dry ingredients are just absorbed.
10. Add the fruits to the batter and mix again until everything is well combined.
11. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and make a slight depression on the top, then draw a line by knife or anything else.
12. Preheat the oven to 170°C and bake for 35~40 minutes.
13. Once baked, leave the cake in the pan to cool. Unmold the cake and store in an airtight box when cool and chill in the fridge.